We aim to provide the highest standard of service to all of our clients and aim to resolve any complaints as quickly as possible should they arise. Below you will find how complaints are dealt with and what to do in the unlikely event that you feel we have not resolved things to your complete satisfaction.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our service and advice, we would like to hear about it so that we hopefully put things right and improve our service going forward.
We aim to make it easy for you to tell us about a complaint and to give it the attention it deserves by dealing with it promptly to ensure you are satisfied with how your complaint was resolved.
How to complain, you can :
- Call us on 0800 066 3677. We are available Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. (please note we are closed on public holidays and weekends)
- Email us at [email protected]
- Write to : The Complaints Department, First Oak Capital Ltd, Technology House, Station Road, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2PZ
It is our policy to treat all complainants the same, however, eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to.
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:
- Made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant
- Relating to regulated activity
- Involving an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience.
If you are not an eligible complainant we will make this clear when acknowledging your complaint.
How long will it take?
We will aim to resolve your complaint within three working days and promptly send you a ‘Summary Resolution Communication’, being a written communication from us which:
- Gives reference to the fact that the complainant has made a complaint and informs the complainant that The Company now considers the complaint to have been resolved;
- Informing the complainant that if they subsequently decide they are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint they be able to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service; and
- Providing the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service; and Reference to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
If we are unable to do this, we will write to you within five working days to explain what we have done to resolve the problem or to acknowledge your complaint and inform you of when to expect a full response.
We will endeavour to provide you with our final response within ten working days of receipt of your complaint and The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) requires us to issue this final response within eight weeks of receiving your complaint. This will set out clearly our decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered then a clear basis of the calculation will be shown. We consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to you. This does not prevent you from exercising any rights you may have to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
What to do if unhappy with our decision
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you have been provided with a regulated finance agreement and are not still unhappy with our response, you may be eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). You must do this within six months from receiving our final response.
When we send our final response we will also provide you with a copy of a leaflet from the FOS.
The contact details for the FOS are :
The Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 023 4567 (free for most people ringing from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling using a mobile) or 020 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad).
If you have any questions regarding our complaint procedure, please contact us on 0800 066 3677